A standalone model with a strong track record and reputation for reliability. This lightweight, palm-sized unit automatically detects HDD or SSD drives and performs parallel simultaneous wiping of data. It fully supports 20 erasure standards, including eight global standards and Secure Erase. The compact, user-friendly design and simple three-step operation provide an easy and reliable way to erase data.
Supports 8 global standards
- US Department of Defense (DoD 5220.22-M) (three passes)
- US National Security Agency (NSA) three passes (DataSweeper default setting)
- US Army
- US Navy
- US Air Force
- US National Computer Security Center (NCSC)
- Gutmann (35 passes)
Also offers the following 12 erasure methods
- ADC standard (Use of the ADC proprietary standard for SSD)
- Overwriting with the NIST 800-88/00 0x00 standard followed by high-speed verification
- Overwriting with the NIST 800-88/FF 0xFF standard followed by high-speed verification
- User-specified method (can specify number of passes, final data, and whether to verify or not)
- Simple random data (overwriting with random numbers only)
- Overwriting with 0xFF－0x00 (FF followed by 00 followed by high-speed verification)
- Overwriting with random numbers－0x00 (random numbers followed by 00 followed by high-speed verification)
- HDD/SSD total erasure (enhanced Secure Erase)
- HDD/SSD total erasure (enhanced Secure Erase prioritized: uses standard mode if media is incompatible with enhanced Secure Erase)
- Enhanced Secure Erase
- Secure Erase (enhanced Secure Erase prioritized: uses standard mode if media is incompatible with enhanced Secure Erase)
- Secure Erase
[Note]This product may be unable to detect HDDs in certain interfaces, such as RAID configurations, preventing proper operation. To erase data in RAID configurations, remove the drives from the RAID units, connect them to a DataSweeper & Duplicator DSD-1200 and proceed with erasure.
DataSweeper2 Handy Features
Certified by Refurbished (Reuse) & Recycle Information Technology Equipment Association
DataSweeper is certified as data-erasure software for hard drives inside personal computers. The Refurbished (Reuse) & Recycle Information Technology Equipment Association (RITEA) was established with the aim of developing the Japanese market for reused information equipment by nurturing the use of high-quality companies involved in information equipment reuse and recycling, raising awareness and promoting the use of high-quality recycled equipment with the cooperation of companies involved in the industry.
- Feature 1:Enables parallel simultaneous wiping of data with a single operation on machines containing a mix of HDDs and SSDs
- Automatically detects HDDs and SSDs inside PCs, which may not be obvious from the outside, and chooses the optimum method to erase data.
- Feature 2:Enables wiping of data in both BIOS and UEFI environments
- Overwrites data on HDDs and SSDs that use either BIOS or UEFI.
- Feature 3:Automatic freeze lock removal on PCs during secure erasure operations
- Learns and remembers the unlocking procedure to enable the optimal secure erasing procedure on similar PCs next time. Significantly improves operational efficiency.
- Feature 4:Post-erasure checking function
- The post-erasure checking function enables you to confirm on the screen that the wiping of the PC's data is complete. (*1)
- Feature 5:Performs simple S.M.A.R.T. diagnostic scan
- Checks HDDs to identify any potential problems before and after erasing data.
- Feature 6:Generates a trustworthy erasure certificate
- Automatically generates a detailed erasure certificate to facilitate reliable management of erasure results.
*1: Simply booting up the PC after erasure enables you to view the results (time of starting and ending wiping session, erasure method, specs of the erased HDD, PC's model number, information regarding chips, current dump display of sanitized HDD)
DataSweeper2 Handy Specs
|Interface||USB2.0/1.1 (also works with USB3.0 that supports USB2.0/1.1)|
|Power source||USB bus power|
|External dimensions||3.2 (W) × 0.4 (H) × 3.7 (D) inches|
|Operating environment||Temperature range of 5°–35°C (41°–95°F), humidity 20–80% (no condensation)|
|Client||USB-equipped PC/AT-compatible x86, x86_64 architecture|
|OS||Not OS dependent|
|Memory||512MB or more|
|HDD free space||No need for free space|
|Display||VGA (640×480) or higher; recommend SVGA or higher|
* Not compatible with PC-9800 series (except PC-98NX, MATE, Versa, Lavie, VALUESTAR), Apple Mac, RAID configurations.