Data erasure products
Outline of MagWiper MW-25000X Degausser
The MagWiper MW-25000X Degausser uses magnetism to erase/destroy data, so it works with all magnetic-recording media, including hard disks, tapes and floppy disks. Instantly erases data regardless of OS, storage capacity, interface (IDE, SCSI) and also sanitizes damaged hard disks.
The chamber is larger than in the earlier model, doubling operational efficiency when erasing data from 3.5-inch HDDs. Previously, it took about 34 minutes to erase 100 3.5-inch HDDs, but the MX-25000X can do this in about 17 minutes. A popular feature retained from the earlier model is the ability to completely erase data from two server HDDs simultaneously using a strong magnetic force without the need to remove the mounting brackets. Data erased with MagWiper products are removed entirely and are unrecoverable.
Very effective in preventing data leaks. Total data erasure is achieved in an instant regardless of storage capacity, facilitating rapid sanitization of a large number of hard drives.
[Diagonal magnetization system] * An industry first
This enables efficient erasure of magnetic data from hard-to-erase perpendicular magnetic-recording HDDs. The system has 50% greater erasing capacity than conventional methods. The term "diagonal magnetization system" refers to the use of diagonal magnetization across the platter surface that contains the magnetic material. Perpendicular magnetic recording is now frequently used in large-capacity HDDs. Advanced Design is the first company in the world to use the diagonal magnetization system in degaussers. (Patented in the US and Japan)
The MW-25000X also has a larger chamber than the previous model, enabling you to erase data from more HDDs simultaneously.
Simultaneous processing capacity of MW-25000X
|Type of HDD||Simultaneous erasing capacity|
(same for HDDs with mounting bracket attached)
Features of MagWiper MW-25000X Degausser
- Feature 1:Large chamber enables you to erase high-volume data from servers!
- Erases magnetic data from two HDDs simultaneously without the need to remove mounting brackets.
- Feature 2:World's first degausser using a diagonal magnetization system! (patented in the US, Japan)
- This product incorporates the diagonal magnetization system, the most effective for erasing data from perpendicular magnetic-recording HDDs, improving erasing efficiency by roughly 50% over conventional methods. (Erasing capacity equivalent to 1200 KA/m.)
- Feature 3:Magnetic force checking function * An industry first
- The monitor displays the strength of the magnetic field after it is generated. The ability to check the strength of the magnetic field each time improves the reliability of the erasing operation.
- Feature 4:Can also use to erase magnetic data stored on tape
- Erases cartridge tapes, including LTO/DAT/DLT/CMT/9940/3592/VHS, as well as floppy disks and other magnetic-recording media in one speedy operation. *
- Feature 5:Results of MFM (magnetic force microscope) measurement
- 2.5-inch hard disk HTS545050B9A300 model (made by HGST)
Degaussing management system (option)
Simple way to turn erasure record (log) into a database.
Improves erasing efficiency and helps prevent human error during operations.
Provides a simple way for anyone to store the erasure log as a database by using a barcode reader to scan product information on the hard disk surface. Then simply place the media in the MagWiper degausser and press the erase button. The barcode reader automatically captures the hard disk part number (P/N) and serial number (S/N), eliminating the risk of transcription errors that can occur with manual inputting.
Incorporates an erasure log management function.
Provides an easy way to search, check and print out details of erasure operations.
By registering user information in advance, you can view the logs of operations performed by the relevant user. Select any log from the list to check that no operational steps have been missed or to perform additional registrations. You can also get a CSV-format readout or list of detailed information about the erasure record.
* Some previously shipped models do not support all options. Please contact us for details.
MagWiper MW-25000X Degausser Product Specs
|Product name||MagWiper Hybrid|
|Erasable media||Hard disks (including thick hard disks),
LTO, DDS/DAT, DLT, CMT, 9940, 3592, AIT, FD, VHS, others
* Please contact us regarding magnetic media that are not listed.
|Hard disk recording formats supported||Perpendicular magnetic recording, longitudinal magnetic recording|
|Charging time||20 seconds|
|Data erasing time||0.1 second|
|Magnetic field generated||800 kA/m (approximately 10,000 Oe)|
|Power requirements||AC100V 50/60Hz|
(maximum when charging)
|External dimensions||11.7 (W) × 10.4 (H) × 22.1 (D) inches|
|Erasable area/ chamber area||5.2 (W) x 4.3 (H) x 5.9 (D) / 5.2 (W) × 4.3 (H) × 10.4 (D) inches|
|Weight||37.5kg / 82.7lbs|
|Operating environment||5°–35°C (41°–95°F), humidity 20–80% (condensation-free environment)|
|Accessories||HDD rack, bar to hold HDDs in place
AC power cable, usage instructions, warranty